Looking for a tutor
in your area?
You have blocked Aftermyschool from tracking your location. To use this, change your location settings in browser.
Register for a Demo Class
How AMS System works
The AMS learning system is based on the principles of Bloom’s taxonomy (see the diagram). With our system, your child gets expert guidance by the tutor. This guidance not only helps him to gain knowledge (level 1) but to also understand the concepts (level 2). In most of the cases, the child starts to apply the learned concepts to specific subjects as well (level 3).
Our system focuses on achieving the Educational Outcomes as defined by the Secondary Education Boards in India. While the regular schools also strive hard to achieve the same, it needs to be hardly emphasized that a child needs to ‘complement’ what he studies in school. We complement it by regular ‘After School Work (ASK)’.
Our AMS system ensures that the same is done in a structured and regular manner. The system works in sync with the classes in your child’s school, and keeps your child up-to-date in the concepts learned in school by regular day-to-day revision and completion of homework.
Benefits of After School Work
- Tailor-made, just-as-much-as-needed assistance with daily after-school work.
- Tutoring imparted, on the need basis, based on the gaps in concepts.
- Appreciation by teachers, approval by peers and increased self-esteem.
- Morale and confidence building of your child through timely and up-to-the-standard assignments.
- Pressure free ambiance and relaxed student-tutor relation to ensuring happy, positive and constructive sessions.
- Emphasis on ‘learning to learn’ – Truly comprehending questions, arriving at the answers on their own and learning to tackle similar questions in future.
- Walkable distance from home.
Filling the Blanks
- A child has to complete his/her Entry Profile Test (EPT) on joining the AMS. This test checks the conceptual clarity up to the previous class and generates a comprehensive report to pinpoint the gaps, concept-wise, which need to be addressed.
- The AMS tutor, based on the above report, makes a year-long development plan, for the child to ‘fill the gaps’. The same plan is implemented along with the regular day-to-day revision and homework. The parent receives regular feedback- at least once in a month- on the progress made.
- Regular day-to-day revision, of the lessons completed in school, is done using our proven methodology of APPR – Assess, Prepare, Practice and Re-assess (see the diagram).
- Our Chapter Assessment Tests (CAT) help the tutor in tracking comprehension of the child in each chapter, as they are completed in school, and fill the gaps- if any- by focused tutoring.
- ASK Diary, a tool which is integral to the ASK class, tracks the day-to-day revision, homework and also helps the parents track the completion of after school work on daily basis.
Demo process is very useful. The Profiling Test which AMS conducted to assess the gaps in the concepts of the subjects of my child gave me an accurate report. After My School is helping my child to complete all the after school work and ensures all the concepts are clarified. Am satisfied with the performance of my child.
Satisfied with AMS till now. Demo Classes and the Profiling Test is very useful and good for our information, so that the conceptual gaps which are identified can be worked on.
3 free Demo classes AMS is offering this is useful to know the system of AMS . The tutor helped my child in preparing for Exams and also assessed my child's gaps in concepts accurately.